Monday, November 2, 2009

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I am not teaching today.

Sure, I'm present in the room. I have written the focus question on the board. But I am too tired to actually teach anyone anything. I tried first period, but now it is third and I just don't have it in me.

I have them all in groups and they are supposed to be reading to one another. Some of them are. Some of them are arguing. Some of them are reporting sports scores to one another. One is making markings on his arm that look suspiciously gang-like. I just am too tired to stop it or redirect them.

I know this isn't ideal. I know I should buck up and teach something. I understand that I am wasting precious instructional time. I just can't seem to get it together.

I am even so tired that I don't feel like going to the concert tonight. I will go because I know I would regret not going. But this sickness has plumb worn me out.

Someone just threw something. I have to go.
¶ 1:31 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment