Monday, November 2, 2009

Friday, March 18, 2005

I regret that I did miss ATM! I have heard about it and am hoping to watch the make-up episode tonight on UPN. Since it is their only good show, they replay it over and over, which is to my benefit.

Today, a team teacher and I introduced our EOG BootCamp. The EOG here in North Carolina is the state test that our kids all have to pass. We have decided that once a week we will dress completely in fatigues and lead kids around chanting army style rhymes about EOGs. We dressed in the fatigues today to peak their interest and it sure is working! The kids are going crazy asking what we are doing and why we look like this.

Soon I will start drilling them in class, army style. I am going to say things like, "Stop and give me twenty!"-- meaning twenty EOG vocabulary words or whatever. I think it is going to be a lot of fun. Hopefully it will give them the drive to really care about this stupid test so that they can be successful.
I am also planning on creating "knowledge granades" in some fashion that will "explode" on certain groups that they have to answer. Any ideas in this vein are welcome.

I am always happy to make a fool of myself in order to get them to pay attention.
¶ 12:18 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment