Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday, April 04, 2005

I was really anxious about coming back to work. I'm not sure why. But the night before last I even had nightmares about it. I dreamed that it was the first day of school and I woke up three hours late. Then I got to school and realized that I wasn't wearing any shoes. Then I noticed that I was wearing shoes but the shoes were really ugly. Then I was in my classroom and there was trash everywhere, the kids were running around, and I was shouting, "Just create graphic organizers! You know how! Create them!"

It was awful. Then, last night, I couldn't sleep. I just felt unprepared and anxious. I woke up nervous. Then I got to school this morning and couldn't figure out why I felt that way. Everything is fine. I know what I am doing. It's weird.

We are starting the poetry unit. Today is all about boring terms and "get in touch with yourself" exercises. But I love it when it starts to get going.
¶ 10:58 AM

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I love your blog, I stumbled across it recently courtesy of blogger's Next Blog feature. I'm going to start student teaching a week from now and have recently been plagued by scary classroom nightmares. My most recent was finding that I was going to teach a physio-biology class (no idea what that is) with a textbook written in another language. Gag.

    Looking forward to seeing more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete