Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Lesson for today: Never suggest anything.

I suggested that we hold an End-of-Grade test pep rally. I thought it might be funny to have little songs and stuff and I thought it would be a good opportunity for my EOG Bootcamp kids to be able to do their chant in front of the school.

Then my principal said, "I have approved your pep rally. It should last about a half-an-hour. I am looking forward to it!" Then she slapped me on the back and walked away.

Mind you, I am more of an "idea" person than an actual "do things" person. I didn't want to create or hold the pep rally. I wanted someone else to. But now I am in charge of entertaining the ENTIRE student body for a half-an-hour.

I'm gonna need a pretty good costume for this.

Also, try this test: http://web.archive.org/web/20060207073052/http://www.blogthings.com/amenglishdialecttest/. It tells you what dialect you speak. I found it interesting because I speak some "Dixie", apparently. I wish I had taken this test when I first got here so I could compare results.

4 comments:

  1. This is very nice blog because information provided here through the article and the pictures are very effective. Jupiter Island Tutoring Because sometimes words cannot explain the things that pictures can and here the words and pictures both are expressing the things in balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them.Palm Beach Tutoring Thanks so much for sharing this information. Greatly help me being a newbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.Bethesda Tutoring The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found so many interesting thing in your blog and I really love that. Special needs Tutor Alpine Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete