Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Well, the day is passing. I celebrated my birthday in a very lovely way with my very lovely friends. We had delicious Italian food and I went to a neat re-enactment (spelling?) of a 1850's school-house. Very cool.

Today, the actual birthday day, I spent pretty quietly. I got to weed-wack a little and walked around a really bizarre street festival called Carrboro Day. There was a very freaky woman dressed as Mother Goose. I think she was supposed to make the children gleeful, but she scared the crap out of me. She was huge and pink.

Then I ordered Chinese food and played The Sims 2 on my computer. I should never have started it because I get obsessive with The Sims. I just love to build houses and create babies and run cyber-households.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the last week before the End of Grade tests. I have a workday and then four days to make the kids believe they are ready and can do it. I guess I will spend all week dressed as a drill sargent and do the whole EOG bootcamp concept. Very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment