Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Friday, August 06, 2004
This is my last teacher work day before the children come. I am going to spend it trying to plan ahead. I think that this year I am going learn what it really means to have to lesson plan. Last year I didn't do very much of it, to be honest.

Luckily, I feel like my learning curve is much steeper this year, too. It hasn't taken me long at all to untangle the things I have to be doing with my classes. I am still totally in the dark about how to teach grammar. What a nightmare grammar has been for me my whole life. As a kid, I just read so much that I didn't have to be formally taught how to write. I just mimicked books. But these kids don't read enough to be able to do that. Anyone out there know a good program/ way to teach grammar?

Tonight is also exciting because I move into my new apartment! I will be in it with not a stick of furniture to my name, but it is exciting none the less. True independance! ¶ 4:56 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment