Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tuesday, October 05, 2004
I don't think anyone here really thinks that yesterday's performance was troubling. I am faced with the same delimma as last year. Do you come into a community and try to change it against everyone's will? Or do you just witness and try to make changes in individuals? In a lot of ways, I feel like I am subversive enough in my classroom to make it okay to not fight these bigger (and honestly, more scary) battles. But I could also just be making excuses.

In other news, I have to go to the dentist again today and they are going to do stuff to me. With needles. And then with other awful tools. I am not phobic of the dentist or anything. I think I have all the normal fears. But it still sucks. So tonight I will look like a chipmunk...without all the cute fur and neat tail that makes it okay to look like a chipmunk. Anyone want to make me soup?

The only nice thing is that I get to take half a day off of work. And that I don't have to work at the bookstore.

I am going to have my house/apartment warming party on Saturday. You should come. (Lara, haven't you always wanted to come to Chapel Hill, North Carolina for the weekend? Now is your chance...!) A more specific invitation to follow. ¶ 4:11 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment