Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday, February 11, 2005
We are finishing up Lord of the Flies in my class with much excitement. They have really liked this novel and their observations have been astounding. I thought I would share some of their responses to the journal topic, "If you were dropped on this island and had to be chief, what would you do?"

"I would be nice to Piggy cause they alwayz talking about Piggy and call him names. Cause they get jealous and say fat, greek, Piggy, Piggy, Piggy." (I didn't realize Piggy was Greek!)

"I would smack Jack becuz Jack smack Piggy and make his glasses fall off. Thats not cool."

"The way I would get peace is tell everybody to shut up because I am boss and call meetings all the time if they act up or just been wrong and never quite!!!"

"I would act like a stright fool unknown." (This is the journal entry in its entirety).

"I would probly die because I am not strong because I am a girl. So I would just die."

"No poop by the fruit. That is nasty."

"I would make rules like only 6 cocanuts a day. If they have cocanuts. I don't think they do."

"I would still kill pigs because I like bacon but not all wrong like Roger. Do you know he stick a stick up that fat pig but? You don't have to stick sticks anywhere to eat. You could just eat."

I think they got the main points. Interesting what each student focuses on. ¶ 8:10 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment