Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Things that make my job hard:
1. Having a computer server that crashes at least three times a week.
2. Being expected to have lesson plans completely up to date even when spur of the moment meetings suck up unexpected time.
3. Being told I need to, not just teach, but love a student that wrote "Ms. R sucks d*%k" on a peice of paper six times.
4. Having one copy machine for an entire school.
5. Having one copy machine for an entire school that breaks every other day.
6. Being "gently reminded" that we need to maintain high expectations while also being "gently reminded" that we shouldn't fail more than a few students even though 40% of them have turned in no assignments.
7. Suffering with a blazing headache while a student shouts out "All wetbacks live in trailer parks!" and having to stifle my very personal rage as I write him up.
Not the best day ever. ¶ 1:35 PM