Thursday, October 29, 2009

Monday, December 06, 2004
I just (finally) signed up to take the Praxis exam. Do other careers require you to spend so much time and money on staying current and stuff? Does it get better once you have been teaching for a while? Because I feel like I am constantly shelling out a hundred dollars here and a hundred dollars there, trying to sign up for all these classes that I need, technology credits, reading credits, workshops, etc. It is really overwhelming, expensive, and annoying.

I only have one more year before my license clears—assuming that I pass this Praxis and I get my classes done. The whole figuring out what classes I need is a mystery, too.

Last night I attended a true Southern type of party experience. The birthday boys decided to have a pig to eat. Luckily (?), by the time I arrived, all that was left was a pig head (snout blackened and crispy, eye-sockets empty and charred) and a scraped clean giant skin on the table. I was glad to not have to be a part of the clean-up crew for that party, but it was for good people so I was able to forgive the carnage. You just don’t see sights like that every day out west.
¶ 7:08 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment