Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday, November 18, 2004
I woke up today knowing that I was going to embarrass myself. But I am at peace with that.

Somehow, my team teacher managed to sign me up for the Staff v. Student basketball game and then convince everyone that I really wanted to do it. If you have been reading for a long time, you may remember last year’s Staff v. Student game where I was hoodwinked into being a cheerleader. I’m not sure which is worse.

So I have been bragging hardcore all day to the students about my "skillz". And I even wrote the word on the board so that they wouldn’t mistake them for simple "skills". I have also started every class today with a moment of silence. Then I tell them that the moment of silence was out of respect for the student basketball team and their upcoming loss. They all groan. And then I yell, "Booyah!"

I also just went to Wal-Mart and bought a jersey, the kind the boys all wear. I also bought sweatbands and athletic tape that says "NBA" all over it. Since I can’t really play basketball and don’t know the rules, I figure I will just costume myself up in a ridiculous manner and pretend I am the bomb. I plan to prance around the court yelling things like "In your face!" and "I may not be your parent, but I’m ‘bout to whoop ya!"

As I learned when I, myself, was in middle-school—make yourself a joke before someone else does.
¶ 9:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment