Thursday, October 29, 2009

Saturday, November 20, 2004
I don't know if this is good or bad but when I walked into the gym to begin to practice my jump shot, I heard, "No way! No way!" and then one of my students ran out of the gym.

Five minutes later, students came tearing into the gym to see what I was wearing. It was soooo fun. Kids were laughing and I was hamming it up pretty hardcore. I kept waving my hands in front of my face and asking them, "Can you see this? Or am I too fast?" They thought it was pretty funny.

The actual game was a bit of a puzzler. I don't know how to play and the coach really seemed to want to win, which I hadn't been expecting. I just wanted to dress up and act a fool. But he kept hollering things like "Stay in the paint!" and "You're up TOP, Ms. R! UP TOP!" I still don't know what these things mean except that it meant I got taken out of the game pretty early.

Post game comments from my students included, "You know your legs hurt. You know they do." And my favorite, "You looked pretty fly, but you run funny."

I can't wait for next year. I am going to try to find goggles like the NBA'ers wear.
¶ 1:34 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment