Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday, February 25, 2005

I got the vice-principal in trouble with the principal today! Quite an accomplishment.

The problem started when we had an assembly today. I can't stand assemblies, as they are just a powder-keg waiting to explode. Today's went fine, but as I was sitting nervously scanning the crowd for the first sign of violent eruption, the vice-principal came and sat down next to me.

Little did she know that I am a incurable smart-ass. I really can't help it. I can't help sort of making little quips about what is going on, especially at a cheesy middle-school assembly where a lot of funny things are happening all the time. I kept making her laugh and she kept looking anxiously over at the principal who was sitting with the superintendant. The principal kept glaring at the vice-principal who was so clearly laughing at the children during this somber gathering.

Finally the head of our English department stood up to thank everyone who had performed. She said, "We have had many events here at G Middle. And all of them have been more exciting and wonderful than this one. Please give the planners your applause." No one seemed to notice that she had inadvertantly insulted the assembly except for me and the vice-principal. She looked over at me and I started to snort. She started too. Then I kept pretending to be the English lead, saying things like, "Thank you for completely underwhelming us today!" and "This is the least best assembly, ever!"

In the end, apparently the principal got on her for being disrespectful during the ceremony and we agreed to never sit next to one another again. At this rate they will have to sequester me in another building when the children get together and perform.
¶ 3:46 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment