Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday, September 02, 2004
I've been meaning to write. It is funny, though, how a whole string of days can pass by without anything of any real interest happening.

My kids are all pretty functional. I am not going to complain about that-- it would be evil to. However, I will say that my kids last year were more interesting. More stories. It is entertaining to read about desks being thrown and the mysterious presence of beans after a substitute. But I don't think that you want to hear about how annoying it is to have classes full of kids who constantly giggle.

Yep. Giggle. They just giggle. That is my major problem right now. Behavior isn't great, I mean I still have to sit on them pretty heavy to get them to perform. But these kids don't do anything violent or weird. They just do dumb stuff.

I am finding that I have a very low tolerance for behaviors that are bad and boring. Much more tolerance for the bizarre. I never thought I would miss children who suddenly screamed for no reason, seeming somewhat sheepish and startled at themselves for doing it. I certainly never thought I would miss Darryll bleating out "WHAAAT" randomly in the middle of a lesson. God help me for missing Ikea falling out of her chair at least four times a period, explaining "I don't WANT to fall, Ms. R." and calmly replacing herself in her seat. But I kind of do.

I prefer it to Joy's incessant giggling and quiet snorting. I prefer it to Lamont's rapid blinking at me from the front row, trying to freak me out. These little behaviors are just slightly annoying.

But on Saturday I will get my couch. Awesome. I will have a house-warming party soon and you should come. ¶ 8:57 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment