Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Friday, August 20, 2004
Last night Owen and I sang "It's All Coming Back to me Now" by Celine Dion. I felt the presence of God as we did it.

Doing a really great song at karaoke makes me happy to be alive. I think I never feel quite so alive as when I do it. When I tell people that they always smile ironically and laugh, like they are saying to themselves, "Oh, you are so funny, M!"

But I am totally and completely serious. If I could karaoke power ballads every single night, there is no telling what I might give up for it.

However, a teacher needs more than four hours of sleep in a night to be nice. So, therefore, today I am not nice to my students. I am teaching them cause and effect and I considered using my hangover as an example. "I am yelling at you, Marcel, because I was really drunk last night and didn't get sleep! The cause? Your teachers drunkeness. The effect? Shut up and sit down."

That would be fun. ¶ 9:03 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment