Friday, October 30, 2009

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I am having a problem. I have no idea what to teach next.

Normally I can sort through my options and come up with something kind of interesting to do with my classes. But I just finished a persuasive writing unit and I don't have anything to follow it. I was going to do a poetry unit, but the other eighth grade teacher isn't ready yet and we need to be aligned so that we can do this slam poetry thing together.

I feel a lot like I did in my first few months of teaching when I would sit in my living room surrounded by textbooks and printouts and teacher resources feeling like I was going to cry. I also know that I am going to be observed very soon (maybe today?) and that makes it even worse.

I don't know why I can't commit to a unit for these next three weeks before spring break. I am at a total loss. I am never sitting in my room right before the bell and not knowing what I am going to do. But I am a little, today.

I got The Outsiders movie. I haven't had time to teach that novel and I think it is an important one. Maybe I will just show this movie and have them answer comprehension questions. Is that legitimate? What is with my weird crisis of faith?

Okay. Calming down. Going to show a movie....
¶ 7:54 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment