Friday, October 30, 2009

Monday, March 07, 2005

I am having a very happy teacher morning.

It didn't start that way. I woke up feeling pleasantly refreshed. The sun was streaming through my blinds and I stretched and yawned, happily satiated in my sleep. Then I panicked because normally it is dark as night when I wake up and I feel horribly under-rested.

I had slept through the alarm. I called into school, told them I would be about a half an hour late, and then sped to school. I had visions of all of the terrible things that would occur because I wasn't there and whomever was watching them had no plan. I just imagined chaos when I arrived.

When I got there, however, it turned out that the kids had told the assistant principal who was watching them what they would normally be doing. So I arrived to them starting their morning focus lesson, changing the date and objective on my board, and generally being superstar students. She was impressed and I was flabbergasted. I expected much less of them; and I will try not to do that again.

Also, my kids essays are due today. And I got a stack of these wonderful, type-written essays! And each essay have six paragraphs, just like they are supposed to! That is right, ya'll! Six paragraphs. Unbelievable. I am so pleased.
¶ 10:56 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment