Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Friday, November 21, 2003

I just thought I would write my weekly "Thank God it's Friday" message. Not much going on here at school at 7:30 in the morning.

This weekend I am going to a Teach for America party filled with Teach for America people. I hope that it is fun. It is always interesting to try to talk to people that you once had all of these circumstantial things in common with that you no longer do. Awkward, often. But there are a few people that I will be glad to see.

It will also be interesting to see how everyone else's teaching is going...it is easy, sometimes, to feel like you are doing a uniquely horrible job, but I am finding that many of us feel like we are doing pretty poorly. And from the stories I hear, some people are doing way worse than me. And, even though that is terrible, it makes me feel a little better.

Then Chapel Hill on Saturday.

Then clean the apartment and work on Sunday. But let's not think that far ahead just yet.

Today I just have silent reading with my kids and game day. Game day is the best thing I have ever done with them. They earn time to spend going outside to play football. It is a break for me and for them and a chance for us to have fun together instead of pushing at each other constantly. TFA drilled into us how the kids don't have any instructional time to waste and how every moment is precious for learning...and I feel a little guilty about the half an hour each week we don't spend in instructional time. But in the end, I think the time I save holding this over their heads all week amounts to more than a half an hour.

Whatever. I just like it. ¶ 4:38 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment