Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

It is so funny, the things that can hold a teacher up from doing what she needs to do. It is amazing how many detentions that are deserved, but not given, simply because I cannot find the damn detention pad. Or how many time I have not allowed a child to go to the bathroom because I have misplaced the stupid hall pass pad.

I have pads and papers and notices and very important documents strewn EVERYWHERE in my room. I keep coming across top secret documents, like papers giving all of this really personal info on a kid, stuffed in a drawer or behind the glue in the construction paper cabinet. It is all so very wrong.

I feel hesitant to say this, but I like my job right now. It isn't bad. I am finishing our first novel tomorrow and we will watch a movie. We are starting a new unit and I feel so much more prepared to do that. I dig it. And the classroom management stuff I am doing is really working. The kids still mess up, but there is a clear procedure for it and I am no longer so apologetic. If only I could make those damn parent phone calls I have been meaning to make. Urg. I keep threatening to call parents, but by the time I leave work, the last thing I want to do is talk about the little rats.

Still, I can't wait for the weekend. I love weekends so much. ¶ 1:46 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment