Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I've learned so much, I say!

Today I am going to be observed today by my Teach for America folks. I was observed at the beginning of the year, too. It is always nice to look back to last semester and think about how much has changed.

When she came last time, I was in the middle of having a nervous breakdown, I think. I don't recall being very nervous, but that is only because the Universe has seen fit to provide me with a pretty misguided sense of confidence (or perhaps apathy?). I generally feel like I will do fine in most things (or I just don't care very much?).

But, looking back, I remember that I put my students in groups of four to work on a very vague assignment. And they sat there and chatted while I went from group to group admonishing them. And they didn't finish the assignment...or even know what we were studying by the end. Not so great, in hindsight.

But I know that now I am much more clear in my directions and I know that my students know exactly what they are studying. And I know better than to let those little angels get near each other when I want them to learn.

So it is good that I feel like I have improved. I am feeling a little hyper today...which is never good because the students pick up on that energy like magnets to metal shavings. I'm going to try to calm myself. This is what happens when I get more than 8 hours of sleep.

Last night I was so bored that I played Monopoly with myself while watching that "Fat Obnoxious Fiance" show. It was a new low for me. Not to mention the fact that I lost against myself. Don't ask how. Just trust that it happened. ¶ 5:30 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment