Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thursday, September 04, 2003

It is before six in the morning. I am going to work. Again. This is one of those overwhelming moments when I can't believe that I have to go to school and do this whole teaching thing AGAIN. It is starting to feel like every day is exactly the same...the only differences being which kid in particular throws something or calls me a name under his/her breath. I feel like a recovering alcoholic. I just have to take it one day at a time. When I think about the monotony of this, I just want to board the first plane on outta here.

I think that I may not enjoy teaching. Not the part about the kids- that is hard, but seems important. I think that I may really hate the whole part about imparting knowledge. The actual teaching part. I do not find it fascinating to think of six different ways to explain a simple concept. I am not challenged and titillated by having to create games, word puzzles, essay questions, and reward systems around the comma. I thought maybe I would be. I'm not.

Off to school, I go. Ugh. ¶ 3:11 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment