Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

I had a dinner tonight with a bunch of other TFA'ers and realized something terribly heart-warming: It is really a lot of fun to make fun of kids in a group!

Today, when I was saying something to the class, one of my students parroted me in a dorky way. I told him, "Don't make fun of me when I am standing right here! Wait until I can't hear you to make fun of me...the same way I wait until I'm at home to make fun of you." He looked shocked and asked, "You don't really make fun of us, do you?"

Well, yes. I do. I make fun of most of my kids when I am at home. And tonight I found out how much fun it is to make fun of students with other teachers. I think it is really cathartic. I, in reality, really love my students. I would never make fun of them and make them feel bad. But it sure is funny to do little impressions of them to teachers who have had one too many glasses of wine.

I can't believe that the year is going by so quickly. People I know are already busy making plans for the summer and beyond. I'm still very uncertain what I am going to be doing, but it looks really likely that I am going to get my transfer to the Bay. I am just letting things be and hoping they all work out...which is my way, I suppose. ¶ 6:35 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment