Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Monday, November 03, 2003

Big talk earlier. Oh, yeah. I am so tired of doing this! Sorry to be so all over the place, but jeez! I don't know why my tolerance for them is so low right now. I am tired of talking over them and making a million really important decisions every day.

One day it is deciding whether or not to turn them in for stealing from me...AGAIN. They are stealing all the time from my room. Stealing things that are meant for them anyway. Then it is deciding whether or not to turn them in for blatently cheating on tests, assignments, printing poems from the internet and handwriting their names on them. They lie to me constantly. Kids or no kids, it gets really old.

I may just be having a crappy evening. In fact, I am having a crappy evening for a million reasons. But even so, I can't believe I have to do this for another 7 months.

Pardon my angry first year teacher rants. Positivity will resume soon. Promise. ¶ 8:11 PM
|
I am having a Teach for America moment, where I realize that I have this huge responsibility to these kids. And also that I have sort of been giving up on them. I can hardly believe that it only took a couple of months for me to do exactly what TFA tells you not to do.

I am going to try harder today. I am going to try to remember not to take things so personally and remember that they are the children and I am the adult. What they say and do does not have to effect me personally, right?

Then again, it is only 7:30am and I have yet to see a child today. We'll see how I do. But I do need to recommit myself to this thing. I need to be a grown-up. ¶ 4:38 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment