Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Saturday, December 20, 2003

I won't be seeing my kids faces for two whole weeks!

Bliss. Yesterday was every teachers nightmare. There was absolutely nothing we could do about any misbehavior (all of the staff for that was gone, they knew we couldn't give them detention or suspend them right at the end, so on), so the kids went buck wild. For the first time since the beginning of the school year, they just refused to listen to me. I would shout at them and they would completely ignore me. It reminded me of how far we have come because they just don't do that anymore and I had forgotten that they ever had. It was nice to see that they, at least, somewhat listen to me normally.

As soon as the bell rang, I and a fellow teacher ran to a restaurant and slammed down a jack and coke. Just one. I had packed the night before, so I was ready to leave the Mount! As I went to my car to jet on outta there, I realized that the rain looked funny. Turns out, it was snowing! But it was a silly little snow that made me laugh because they were such tiny flakes and they were dissolving in mid-air. Plus it was all sunny in the sky and warmish. But it made me happy that it was snowing a little and not enough to make my trip to Chapel Hill hazardous.

Now I am in Chapel Hill...sleeping, mostly. I may go see a movie in a bit. Then sleep some more. I am trying to gather energy to be a playmate to my four-year-old neice and my 9-month-old nephew. I'm so excited. ¶ 5:33 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment