Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Monday, October 06, 2003

So, here I am, in Chapel Hill. I am waiting to hear more about my car, which broke down. Things were going so well-- the guy called and said that it was just what he thought...a little problem with a hose. Then he called again to tell me that my transmission isn't bolted down at all to anything. So I guess my transmission has just been floating around under the hood-- which explains the weird "thump" and jerky thing it does when it changes gears. What in the world? He was uncertain about what it would take to fix it. This sucks. ¶ 9:43 AM

Sunday, October 05, 2003
I missed my first day of school on Friday and my kids had a substitute. A fellow teacher called me today and told me that my kids ate the sub alive. I sort of think that is funny.

I can't imagine a total stranger trying to control these children. Good lord. I can barely do it and I know a bunch of tricks. Then, coming to Chapel Hill on Saturday, my car exploded on the highway and I have to get it fixed on Monday. That means I will miss another day of school.

God help the sub. God help me when I return to the monsters. ¶ 12:44 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment