Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tuesday, September 16, 2003
I am trying not to be dramatic and alarmist, but the people here are not helping. Everyone is like, "Oh, during the last hurricane, we didn't have water for over a week and people were knocking each other over the head at the grocery store!" and "You'll probably be okay as long as you don't live on a second floor- those rip off of buildings in this sort of rain and wind."

I live on the second floor, of course.

Probably it won't even be a hurricane, but most of the counties near me have already cancelled schools and things. I have decided to flee to Chapel Hill to hang out with Owen and Charles. At least then, if there really isn't water or cable or electricy, we can play cranium in the dark or something. I just can't think of many things more unbearable than sitting around alone in this apartment.

On a good note, due to this decision, I will have a Friday tomorrow on a Wednesday! Hurricane or no hurricane, I am getting up outta here. And tomorrow I am going to show a movie for absolutely no reason! How is that for lesson planning? It doesn't even really go with the unit I am teaching! Yippee for time fillers! ¶ 6:46 PM

No, seriously. I think I have to get out of here before the hurricane hits. My roomate is going to New York on Wednesday and I will be left alone in an apartment with no water or electricity. I don't have bottled water or candles. This is freaking me out.

I don't like hurricanes. I gotta get outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment