Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I will have been out of school an entire week if we go back to school on Thursday.

On Sunday, bad weather hit and I barely made it back into Rocky Mount from Chapel Hill alive. Cars all around me were sliding into ditches and Goldie (my cutest car in the world) and I used all of our powers of concentration to stay on the road.

It snowed and then got so cold the roads became ice-skating rinks. So school has been cancelled all week and is still cancelled for tomorrow. The first day of no school was a nice relaxing day, but it has become tedious since then. It would be one thing to have no school when you could actually go places and do things, but I can't leave my house because of the roads. My roomate and I were about to kill each other, but finally tonight she went to stay at her boyfriends house. All for the best.

I have done no work for school and I was feeling pretty bad about that, but now I have a second chance. Since there is no school tomorrow, I will plan for a couple of weeks in advance. That will feel nice. Tonight I will play "The Sims" and relax some more.

I am finally not coughing every three minutes. I am still coughing a bit, but I think that is from the quitting smoking more than anything else. Still no cigarettes (day 5) and I still feel good about it. I even live in an apartment where my roomate and her boyfriend smoke in the house and I am managing. I'm proud of myself.

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow and some of this snow will melt. I can't imagine how wild the children will be after four days off to come back on a Friday, but we'll see. ¶ 4:06 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment