Monday, June 1, 2009

Thursday, August 14, 2003
My favorite things said by the kids in my class, today:

"Man, you always be breaking the harmony in our class!"
-Jewel-

"Fool, you bust up the harmony up in here, I'ma bust you."
-Malcolm-

"You let me be Line Leader, Ms. Roberts. I bring em the smack down their mama's ain't never brought 'em."
-Terri (AKA Queen)

My kids are mad cool, for the most part. They are also a bunch of hooligans. But it just cracks me up the way they have bought into the whole "harmony" concept. True, what they are talking about is earning minutes for a game day, but it just sounds so awesome when they fight for harmony in the classroom. Today I sort of deputized a few of my harder core students and gave them the authority to "bring the smack down" onto the other students. It worked really well. Some of my kids are way scarier than I could ever be.

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. I want to think about something else for at least one day. Heaven help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment