Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Monday, May 10, 2004
Hmmm....

Blogspot, where I am posting from, has changed its whole scene, here. Everything about posting and stuff is new. I find that I can be a bit of a techno-phobe when it comes to new things. I don't want a new screen when I go to a familiar site...even if it is so clearly an improvement.

I see that I can now make things bold and spell check. Maybe I always could. But now I really see that I can.

Anyway. I took a student to a Teach for America event in Charlotte this weekend. We went to the PGA Golf Tour and it was tons of fun. It was nice to spend some time with the North Carolina Corps right before I leave. I am having to miss the end of the year celebration next weekend (I'll be in Atlanta) and I feel kind of sad about that. I am a girl who likes closure.

This week is the End of Grade tests for my kids. If they don't pass-- they don't go to high school. No pressure. I figure I have done all I can, academically, so now I am focusing on psyching them up for the test. I put up a huge banner in my room that screams "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE READY FOR THE EOG!" The kids saw it on Friday and asked, "Really? I am?" To which I replied, "Yup. You sure are."

I don't know if I am lying or not. But I think it makes them feel more confident to hear it. And confidence is everything in test taking...well, not everything. But a lot. ¶ 3:52 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment