Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, June 30, 2003
My students got internal and external characteristics in a story today! It was so exciting. I really think that most of them sort of know it, now. Another big deal was that a couple of kids called me "Miss Roberts". That is exciting because most of the time they will only call you "Miss". It is as though they have so many teachers coming and going that they don't bother to differentiate you from anyone else. But they were really cool today. And Jaqueline, one of my girls, gave me a note. The note reads:

"Hello! How are you I think fine I think is very good teacher thank you because as my teacher bay".

I'm not sure exactly what it means, but it sounds like it means something good. And there is lightning happening outside my window and it is really cool. Plus, tonight I figured out a way to lesson plan that should last me a while, so that I don't have to do everything brand new every minute. It has been a pretty good day, all and all. A bug did land in my dinner so that I couldn't eat it, but that's just Houston.

¶ 9:54 PM
I thought I would write a note during this rare time that I am actually feeling happy here. The weather is not quite as disgusting as usual. I also just went and wrote some lesson plans while drinking a beer...something that I really think I should do more often. I had inspiration about the whole rest of my teaching for the summer. I made a plan that should carry me through, so that I don't have to make something brand new up every day. This should be very helpful.

A bug landed in my food tonight. I am going to lose weight here.

Now, I am listening to Tori Amos and about to write up my plans for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment