Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunday, June 29, 2003
It is sooo easy to get discouraged, here. I swear, this place is making me (more) manic-depressive. One minute I am way up and this seems almost fun and the next, I just want to poke my own eyes out. I am having a pokey eyeball moment, presently.

My friend Terri and I keep joking that we should just get motorcycles and go to Mexico instead of this. Thank God she is a gemini and doesn't mean it, cause I would not be hard to convince. My taurus ass is half-way out the door, already. I just need to keep reminding myself that the economy is terrible and I have tens of thousands of dollars in school loans breathing down my neck.

I hear there is a hurricane heading to Texas. It is blustery and wet and still managing to be hot as hell outside. I am told that there aren't really hurricanes in Houston. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to survive a giant storm on top of everything else.

There is light at the end of this week long tunnel. We don't have to teach on Friday, on account of the fact that some country or another was formed on the fourth of July. I don't remember which one. But we don't have to teach. And I think a bunch of us are going to Willie Nelson's Fourth of July Picnic in Austin. It is going to kick so much ass! Willie, Neil Young, Patti Griffin, and Shaun Colvin are all playing. I can't believe it. Let's just hope the bank stops being evil and they give me the money they are holding hostage.

Wish me luck on my second week of teaching. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment