Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunday, July 13, 2003
Some of you will find this more funny than others...

So I was looking to feel good about something today and decided to treat myself to an eyebrow waxing and a manicure. It was great and I felt all spiffed up and then...

Yes, some of you know what comes next. My eyes are presently swelling shut. It has happened before. It is happening now. Let me explain. I am allergic to mangos and papayas like death. Apparently, lots of lotions have these things in them. The place I always went to in Oakland did not have it in their lotion. But I am finding that places in both San Francisco and Houston do use it. Anyway, my eyes do not look that bad right now. Although my friend Terri looked at me around 8:30pm (we were in a very serious meeting) and said, "It really doesn't look bad" and then looked at me around 8:40pm and couldn't stop laughing. It is fast and serious.

The little blisters are forming on my eyelids. I am beginning to squint. I feel a lot like I imagine a racoon might feel...if the black color on his face was on fire. It's okay. You can laugh. ¶ 8:56 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment