Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Monday, April 05, 2004

You know, I think that sometimes groups that could really help each other don't band together enough.

For instance: education reformists and environmentalists.

This morning I made 17 packets of 20 double-sided sheets of paper. I did this because there is only one copy of the text that I need to use and I have to make sure that each child has one to look at. Not only are these packets going to be used, but since I actually have about 50 students and only 17 packets (class-set), each child will need to write their answers on a separate sheet of paper.

Not to mention the fact that, for some strange and disturbing reason, each of my students has a bit of obsessive-compulsive disorder which prevents them from continuing to use any sheet of paper that they have accidentally made a stray mark on or have negected to use a ruler to ensure straightness upon. So, really, they will use several sheets of paper. (Teachers-- is this common? Or are my children...exceptional?)

So, all the environmentalists in the house: fight for money for schools! More materials means less paper waste! ¶ 6:24 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment