Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Monday, April 26, 2004
The rally in D.C. was really amazing. It was very cool to see Hilary Clinton and be a part of such a huge event. I was glad to be a part of making history. I did have some complicated feelings about the rally. There were some anti-choice people out with their sign showing some pretty horrific scenes and that brought me down a few notches. The whole issue is so complicated, but in the end, I was glad that I went.

I also just kind of like D.C. I wasn't expecting to, but I find it quite pretty and so fascinating. Everywhere you go you see something that you have read about or learned about in school. Amazing.

I got paid for my secret shopping today! I can't believe I made real money doing it. What a coup!

I am presently holding school-wide detention in a very hot room. At our school, the temperature is controlled by the central office-- which is in a different town. How smart is that? I don't know if it is really cold there, but it is hot here and it feels like the heater is on. I am in a very small room surrounded by the biggest trouble-makers at my school. I know I have come a long way because I am not intimidated by them at all. I have a really good "teacher look" now that stops children dead in their tracks. Awesome. ¶ 12:02 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment