Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday, April 28, 2004
The birthday is approaching and there will be fondue and festivities. So exciting.

Sometimes, when a period is ending, it seems like all of the tensions you have had all year just kind of surface and can't be ignored. That is how I feel about these last five weeks in Rocky Mount. My Rocky Mount life, not that it was so great ever, has pretty much disintigrated into terrible. But I am going to forge ahead. I am bringing home boxes today which will make me feel better, I think. It will help to feel like I am moving forward into a new phase.

In better news, my classroom is just really amazing right now. I very often wish that I was being observed so that I could show off my stuff. I know that part of it is the fact that I just know my kids so well, and they know me. I have dreams that next year will be like this right away, but my more practical self knows it won't be. It takes time to build the kind of trust and comfort that my student's and I have now. But I know that it is bound to be better than the first semester here was. I now have more "skillz", as my kids would say. ¶ 12:22 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment