Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thursday, March 11, 2004
Okay. The car is safetly running (knocking on wood so hard it hurts) and I am home. Broke, broke, broke but here. And I got to have a really fantastic and nostalgic trip on the mighty Greyhound Bus Line! I saw a woman vomit out the side of her car as I was waiting at a stop in Raleigh. The man that was in the driver's side was yelling, "That is so nasty! That is SO nasty! Oh my God! That is SO NASTY!" I got a very clear impression that whatever it was that was making her vomit somehow had something to do with him.

At this pukey destination, I also got to fight with AT&T about my new wireless service. Apparently, because I upgraded my phone, my own house is now roaming. I found this out when I got my near $300.00 bill. While I was talking to the woman on the phone, I thought about how frustrated I usually am when I deal with business', so I decided to try a new tactic. I lied, lied, lied. The woman told me that she had kids in school in North Carolina, so I decided a teacher wasn't impressive enough and told her that I was an "educational consultant" and that the reason that I had a Bay Area number, but my bill goes to Oregon, and most of my calls come from North Carolina is that I travel all the time looking at schools and making recommendations.

She seemed very impressed and I sounded so much older and more professional than I really am. For the first time ever, I didn't get any hassle and the charges were taken away and everything! I got nothing but deference. It was amazing.

I have now decided to lie every minute. What could go wrong? ¶ 11:58 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment